Wholefood Vitamin D3 Vegan
A Wholefood vegan vitamin D supplement providing vitamin D3 from lichen, making it ideal for vegetarians and vegans. One tablet provides 62.5µg (2500i.u.) of vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol). Vitamin D3 is the most bioavailable form of this nutrient.
Vitamin D has many roles in the body including contributing to the normal function of the immune system, the absorption and utilisation of calcium, and the maintenance of bones, teeth and muscle function.
- Wholefood Vitamin D3 Vegan is our best-selling vitamin D product
- Provides 62.5µg (2,500iu) of vitamin D3 per tablet
- Vitamin D is frequently referred to as “the sunshine vitamin" as sunlight is necessary for its synthesis. Vitamin D is produced underneath the skin following exposure to sunlight
- Those at particular risk of vitamin D deficiency are the elderly (65 years+), those who rarely get outdoors (lack of sunshine) and people with dark skin. (Children under five are also at risk and for this age group we have a liquid vitamin D3 product – Vitamin D3 Drops code 3323)
Vegan vitamin D benefits
Vitamin D has been shown to contribute to:
- the absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus
- normal blood calcium levels
- the maintenance of bones and teeth
- the maintenance of normal muscle function
- the normal function of the immune system
Other roles of vegan vitamin D:
- Vitamin D has a role in the process of cell division
- Vitamin D is needed for normal growth and development of bone in children
- Vitamin D helps to reduce the risk of falling associated with postural instability and muscle weakness. Falling is a risk factor for bone fractures among men and women 60 years of age and older
This supplement contains 62.5µg (2500iu) of vitamin D per tablet. If taking other supplements containing vitamin D, please check your total daily intake. If it is 125µg (5000iu) or more per day, for more than two to four months, you should have your vitamin D levels checked regularly. An adequate blood level is considered to be above 50nmol/litre; the scientific literature suggests that a higher level than this is optimal.However, levels above 250nmol/litre are not advised and in this case, measures should be taken to lower levels.
Please note some laboratories use different units i.e. ng/ml rather than nmol/litre quoted here. In this case an adequate blood level is considered to be 20ng/ml (again the optimal range is higher than this). For more information on vitamin D you may be interested in www.grassrootshealth.net
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), maltodextrin, corn starch, silicon dioxide, ascorbyl palmitate, sorbitol, microcrystalline cellulose.
- Our best-selling vitamin D supplement
- A unique vegan, Wholefood vitamin D3 supplement
- Provides 62.5μg (2,500i.u.) of vitamin D per tablet
- Safe and effective for daily use
- Easily absorbed and utilised
- Tiny tablets, making them easier to swallow